Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day Two...

Wow, only the second day of 2013 and I've already broken resolutions one & three..
yeah, I knew that number three was going to be a tough one.
Oh well..back to square one..

Spent the morning picking up some yummy, healthy, organic veggies at the farmer's market. Love the farmer's market but this one turned out to be a tad less than I hoped. Maybe...maybe..ten stalls, probably more like seven. And nothing really fun or different. I grabbed some cabbage, beets and a head of purple cauliflower just for the color alone. One of items on my 'goals' for 2013 is to eat clean foods and so far so good!
In order to get to the market I had to take a bus. I don't know if you've ever ridden a bus in downtown Ventura..I'm guessing not..let me tell you, it's definitely an experience. I suppose most city bus rides are. The ride to was uneventful. Quiet, few passengers, slow easy driver. But, the way home..quite a difference. Huge difference. The bus was packed with all different types of people..skater boys..people talking on phones loud enough I felt included in the conversation..homeless people, some strongly smelling of alcohol..and..for some reason..the entire bus reeked of pool. I had a strong urge to go swimming. Quite an assortment of odd characters..and believe me..I fit right in!!

No comments:

Post a Comment