Tuesday, January 22, 2013

What's On The Menu Monday..cept, it's Tuesday

Sorry for the delay..
I have no idea what happened..
but yesterday just whizzed by.
I feel like I got so very little done..
so..here I am with this week's edition of..
What's On The Menu Monday..
on Tuesday..
oh well..

Monday ~ Oven Fried Chicken, Chicken & Broccoli Rice-a-Roni & peas.

So very simple..
oil up your chicken pieces..
I often use a whole chicken so whatever you have..
sprinkle with onion powder, garlic powder, tons of pepper & I like using thyme..
fresh preferable..
but with all this nasty Cali weather, my garden's a bit of a disaster..
so dried it is...
use whatever herbs you like best..
lots of people like rosemary..
I don't..
but you go ahead & use whatever you want..
cover it with kosher salt..
when you think you used too much..
shake one more time..
the salt sucks the moisture from the skin..
leaving it crisp & crunchy..
yum..
toss it in a hot over..
400 for 20 minutes..
then I turn it down to 350 for 15 to 30 minutes more..
depending on the thickness..
use a thermometer - 165 to 180.

Tuesday ~ LO Spaghetti
Last week's spaghetti gives an encore

Wednesday ~ 7-Up Pork Chops
Trying a few new recipes this week..
I'll let you know how it turns out.
Thursday ~ Baked Buffalo Chicken
Friday ~ Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn, bisquits
This is absolutely the best meatloaf I have ever made..
It is seriously in-frickin'-credible..
& no one does a recipe like The Pioneer Woman
Saturday ~ Quinoa with Sausage and Peppers

Please feel free to link up in the comments, I'd love to see what you got cookin'.

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea. I keep saying I am going to plan out menus but never do. I see quite a few recipes on here I want to try. Thanks for stopping by Nicki's Random Musings.

    ReplyDelete