Monday, January 14, 2013

What's On The Menu Monday

Happy, Happy Monday!!
I absolutely adore Mondays!! WHY?? you ask?
Because..everyone else goes back to work and I get my house back.
Just me and the dog relishing the solitude and serenity.
Cheers to Mondays!!

Had a wonderful weekend, hope yours went well. Skyped with my youngest (who lives in Korea) for 2 hours. How crazy is that?
I love that we always have so much to say to each other & it's so much easier to have a real conversation when I can see his smile and the little twinkle in his eyes.
A huge thank you to Niklaz Zennstrom and Janus Friis, you made me a very happy mama.

Yesterday was Library Day!! YaY for Library Day!! Something about picking up a stack of books that makes me all tingly and a bit giggly. What can I say..I got a thing for books!


This month's reading list is..
1. Rebel Angels by Libba Bray ~ So excited this book became available on my list so quickly as I just finished A Great & Terrible Beauty (book 1) and I so rarely get to go from book 1 to book 2 so seamlessly. YaY for that!!
2. Pretties by Scott Westerfeld ~ Awhile back I finally broke down & read Uglies. I've seen it on the shelves for what seems like forever but never picked it up. Boredom and a bit of curiosity got the best of me, one day I grabbed it & it surprised me. I liked it. Pretties is book 2 of the series.
3. The Ask & The Answer by Patrick Ness ~ I definitely scored on second parts. Book 2 of Chaos Walking. Not absolutely sold on this series, took me awhile to get through The Knife of Never Letting Go but..we'll see.
4. The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker ~ Can't remember why I requested this one or where I even heard about it. Sounds interesting.
I'm not much on writing book reviews, pop over to my daughter's blog for that.

Okay..
let's get down to what today's post is really about..


I'm just not feeling like cooking these days.
Long story, not very interest so I'll skip it..
but..
my menus are extremely basic and pretty much..boring.
Sorry..

Monday ~ tonight I'm making Salsa Verde Chicken, Spanish Rice-A-Roni and corn. The recipe couldn't be much simpler..
4 chicken breasts, top with a jar of salsa..
(I use Herdez Salsa Verde, 16 oz..)
cover with foil..
bake at 350 degrees until done..25 to 40 minutes depending on the thickness of the breasts
during the last 10 minutes of cooking you can add cheese and sprinkle with some sliced olives
Tuesday ~ Spaghetti
I used to really get into making fresh pasta sauce..
fresh basil, fresh tomatoes, fresh grated Parmesan..
the whole 9 yerds & all..
but..the only one who seemed to notice all my preparation was..
well..me.
So now my pasta sauce recipe is as follows..
2 jars of Ragu..
I do add an onion, a bell pepper, some mushrooms, fresh basil, ground beef & sausage..
I'll simmer it most of today, serve it tomorrow with tons leftover.
Wednesday ~ Pork Shoulder, mashed potatoes & veggie
Thursday ~ LO Spaghetti
Friday ~ Steak, Scalloped Potatoes, veggie
Saturday ~ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Sunday ~ Finish up the LO Spaghetti..
we do like leftovers at our place..
So..
what are you putting on the table this week?
Anything fun & interesting?
Don't forget to check out Lauren's blog for more menu ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment