Monday, January 7, 2013

What's On The Menu Monday..

My poor puppy dog is freezing!
At this very moment she is in my bed, under blankets, sleeping on top of a heating pad. My poor baby, she is definitely a SoCal dog, can't take it when the temp drops below 65 degrees.

Today I am linking up to my amazing daughter's blog (Reading, Writing & Whatnot) for..
Reading, Writing, and Whatnot
a wonderful idea where we can all share our weekly menus, recipes & hints.
Cool...

Monday ~ With pork chops on sale at Vons ($1.97 per pound), they were a definite choice for this week's menu..
Simply Oven Baked Pork Chops and Rice
This is my idea of a perfect recipe.
Few steps..limited ingredients..and it incorporates 2 food items, meat and rice..just toss some veggies on the plate and dinner is served..YaY!!
I did add a can of mushrooms because..I had them so..why not?
With lots and lots and lots of pepper...
Before

After

Tuesday ~ Herb Roasted Chicken
I'll roast both chickens (also on sale at Vons $.87 per pound) using one for Thursday night.

Wednesday ~ Grilled Steak

Thursday ~ Chicken & Dumplings with mashed potatoes and broccoli.
Chicken & Dumplings is one of my 'go-to' dinners especially when it's cold outside. Roasting the chicken first before stewing gives the broth a richer flavor..Yummy!

Friday ~ LOs

So..what's cookin' good-lookin'??
(Yeah..cheesy..but reminds me of things my dad says)
Have a happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment