Saturday, January 19, 2013

5 Question Friday

Yes..
I know it is Saturday & the theme is 5 Question Friday..
but I found this cute prompt yesterday after I had finished up my Friday's Letters, all prepared to tackle this post when..
out of nowhere..
(okay..maybe not exactly nowhere..
perhaps from lugging those heavy bags loaded with thrift store treasures)
I get this horrific back spasm!
felt like it started in my latissimus dorsi spread up my trapizius then to my pectoralis major..
(I looked all those up so I would appear..well..brilliant)
It happened so suddenly I did..
for a moment..
entertain the idea of a heart attack.
That's where your thoughts go where you're over 50 years old..
and over-weight..
and out of shape..
and kind of a stress case..
BUT..
as I've cut sugar & gluten from my diet, I have noticed a big..
HUGE..
decrease in my over-the-top stressfulness..
I'm super happy about that..
so..
I gobbled up 4 ibuprofen..
slathered myself with Icy Hot..
& big-girled up.
Anyway..
the point was..
my back was hurting too much to sit and type..
so I'm doing it today..

5 Question Friday


1. If you were going to be stuck on a deserted island, which 5 books, movies, people and foods would you take along?
Hmmmmm..5 books..
that's a tough one. Should I bring books I've already read & love or books I have yet to read?
1. Saving Fish From Drowning by Amy Tan
Read it, loved it
2. Diary of Ann Frank
it was this or To Kill a Mockingbird..Ann won
3 & 4 the last 2 books of Harry Potter (Half Blood Prince & Deathly Hallows)
have re-read these sooooo many times & love them
5. The Sweet Far Thing
cause I just finished parts 1 & 2 & want to see how it ends
Movies..not any easier..
1. Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist
2. My Cousin Vinny
3. Rounders
4. Grease
5. Chicago
People...super hard.
Of course I want to bring my family..
but why would I want them stranded as well?
Go live your lives, my babies..
You didn't specify living or dead, so..
1. George Carlin (he's wise & funny & alive on my island)
2. Bobby Flay (eventually we'll probably need to cook something)
3. That Survival guy on TV (can't remember his name)
4. Dr Dorner (my doctor)
5. Adam Levine (well..duh)
Food..
1. Coffee
2. Diet Pepsi
3. In & Out's Double Double..animal style
4. Cordello's Special pizza
5. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

2. What is your thought on year round school?
I coached soccer for 10 years. The girls who played year round (tournaments & spring season, etc), got better & better. The gap between those who played year round & those who didn't got wider & wider each year. I believe year round school would be amazingly beneficial to kids.

3. What is your most embarrassing potty story? (Can't be one of your kids' potty stories either!) Hee Hee! This cracks me up and stems from a HILARIOUS twitter conversation...
I have a vague memory of a 10 year old me getting caught pulling up my panties by a guy I was crushin' on. He walked in on me in the bathroom..(why I didn't lock the door is beyond me). It doesn't seem too awful now but at the time it was horrendous.

4. What's the temperature where you are?
75 degress, baby!!

5. Are you a winter/spring/fall/summer person?
Completely a summer. Love the heat, the sun, the beach.

Thanks for the Qs.

No comments:

Post a Comment